Fraunhofer Development Centre for X-ray Technology EZRT
The Development Center X-ray Technology EZRT, a division of Fraunhofer IIS in Erlangen in cooperation with Fraunhofer IZFP in Saarbrücken, focuses on six main areas: System development, X-ray sensor technology and simulation, computerized tomography, image processing, CT and measurement technology, as well as applications and training.
- is a leading international R&D center for industrial X-ray technology,
- defines and extends the current state of the art in the field of NDT, in particular X-ray and optical testing techniques,
- positions itself between basic research in the field of non-destructive imaging (X-ray and optical methods), and industrial realisation with end customers (in the form of prototypes) and system integrators (via licensing deals),
- possesses core competencies in the field of NDT along the entire value chain of materials processing, starting from raw materials to recycling, and
- develops application-oriented solutions up to prototype and small series production to strengthen the competitive position of regional, national and international industries and to open up new markets and areas of application.
Solutions from HEITEC PTS GmbH in collaboration with Fraunhofer EZRT, enable to characterize materials and test components without affecting their function. We test from microscopic objects to entire vehicles, and offer 2D and 3D optical measurement and testing, X-ray sensor technology and simulation, image processing and system development.